Less Travelled

In the last few weeks, I have not blogged, time not on my side. In between experiencing some scaring shockers, I realized there is one thing that makes a winner and a loser, the courage to be different, courage to do things differently. My former principal in high school always told us, 'it doesn't matter what happens to you but rather how you handle what happens to you'. I have been able to jump hurdles I didn't expect to, and be optimistic and share optimism when it was difficult to do so, and wondered how!!!!

By God's Grace.

I am soon going to blog, share my aha moments in the last few months....but as I prepare for my final exams to finish the first part of my MA, I am reflecting on this poem by Robert Frost:

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveller, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference

...Robert Frost

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curiosity, hidden in books

Naivasha IDPs visit – mixture of hope alive; and ailing/dead moral fabric

Our greatest fear